We are pleased you have chosen Horizon Primary Care for your medical home. For over 20 years Horizon Primary Care has been dedicated to providing the most advanced primary care available in a friendly and nurturing environment. We appreciate your cooperation in following our office and financial policies, so that we may continue to provide the very best care to our patients. Our staff is always ready to assist you with any additional questions or concerns you may have.
In order to stay on time and provide the most comprehensive care for our patients, we require that all appointments be scheduled. Please call our main number at 720-929-8300 to schedule an appointment at any of our offices. Our appointment line is open from 8:00am – 5:30 pm Monday through Friday and 8:15am – 12 noon on Saturdays. You may also request an appointment by selecting the "schedule appointment" tab on this web-site and a member of our team will call you back to schedule.
Please call during our business hours to cancel or reschedule an appointment. Our answering service does not take messages about scheduling or cancelling appointments.
Please arrive 10-15 minutes before your scheduled appointment, please complete registration prior to your visit. Pre-registration is sent via text or email to each patient the day before your scheduled appointment. If you are late for a well-child visit, we may need to reschedule so that our providers stay on time for all patients. Our providers strive to stay on time during the day but sometimes emergencies or complicated care issues can happen. We thank you for your patience during these times
We request that you give us 24 hours notice if you are unable to keep an appointment, so that we may open it to another patient. No-show appointments are charged a $35 fee and repeated no-shows may result in dismissal from the practice.
*Please bring your insurance card and driver’s license and your required copayment to each visit.
In order to keep our offices clean, food and drinks are not allowed in our reception area or exam rooms.
We need your full attention at your child’s visit and request that you do not use cell phones in our office. You will be asked to turn your cell phone off if this becomes a problem.
Message & Call Back Policy
We strive to provide the best in customer care and want any questions or concerns to be attended to in a timely manner. Our message and call back policy is designed to respond appropriately to phone messages, while allowing our providers to give the focused care patients need during office visits. Our providers work closely with our registered nurses and encourage parents to contact our nurse advice line first for any health-related issues. Our message and call back guidelines are as follows:
- To leave a non-urgent message for a provider, call our main number at 720-929-8300 and leave a message with a member of our staff. Please note that it may be 24-48 hours before non-urgent messages are returned.
- If your child is sick or your message requires a more urgent follow-up, your call will be transferred to our nurse line. Our nurse will assess your child’s illness using nationally-recognized pediatric protocols and discuss recommendations with you. If medically appropriate, they will consult with one of our providers.
- If you are calling because your child’s symptoms have not improved, you will be asked to schedule a follow-up appointment with a health care provider so that we may examine your child and reassess the situation.
If your prescription was written with one or more additional refills available, please contact your pharmacy for refills.
All other prescription needs may be called in to our office, or requested on your patient portal and your provider can assess those needs. Refill request are normally processed within two business days, so please call several days before you are in need of a refill.
Refills for asthma and ADHD medications are subject to our care guidelines and require that you and/or your child be up to date on necessary follow-up and physicals visits before any refills can be processed.
ADHD medications are controlled substances and these prescription refills must be picked up at one of our offices with proof of identification.
We firmly believe in the immunization policies and recommendations of the American Academy of Pediatrics and the Center for Disease Control, and believe it is in the very best interest of all children to receive these immunizations on the recommended schedule. If you have strong beliefs that you do not want your child to be immunized, you may feel more comfortable at another practice that shares your philosophy.
If you would like to discuss questions or concerns about vaccines or the immunization schedule, please schedule a separate immunization consultation appointment with one of our providers. We can provide you additional information regarding vaccines and their importance to children’s health.
Please bring your child’s immunization record to each well-child visit so that we can keep it updated for you.
We participate in the State of Colorado’s Immunization Registry. This registry ensures that your child’s immunization history is part of the State’s data base. All immunization data is automatically transferred to the registry unless the parent “opts out” of participating
Our referral specialists are available to help you with referrals made by our providers for specialized services. Please note that the referral process normally takes a minimum of 4-5 business days. When a referral is ordered by one of our providers, one of our referral specialists will contact your insurance company and request authorization. Once your insurance company responds, we will call you with the authorization and specialist information. For emergency referrals most insurance companies respond within 24 hours. Our specialists may be contacted at 720-929-8300, or by messaging your provider from the patient portal.
Lab and X-Ray Results
We will call you with lab and x-ray results as soon as possible. If we have been unable to reach you or if you have additional questions, please feel welcome to call our office at 720-929-8300, or reach out to us via your patient portal at www.myhealthrecord.com .
Medical Records & Forms
We complete most forms at no charge to our patients. Please note that most sports or camp forms require an up to date well child exam. You may leave forms at any of our offices for completion, and we will contact you when the form is ready to be picked up (approximately 2 business days).
A copy of your child’s immunization record will be provided to you at no charge at each well-child visit with immunization updates or during any office visit. Additional copies may be requested from our medical records department. Please allow 2 business days for processing.
Transfer or copying of medical records requires a signed release form from the parent or the patient (if over 18). Please contact our office for the fee records and forms.
Please feel free to contact our office at 720-929-8300 for any additional questions that you may have.
You will be asked to identify one person who is responsible for coordinating your child’s pediatric care with us. This is the person we will contact regarding any clinical or financial communications, though other adults may bring your child to a visit or carry health insurance for your child. The Responsible Party is the person responsible for the patient’s account. Please note that a divorce degree or other financial arrangement between two parties does not determine who Horizon Primary Care bills for service. We will bill the appropriate insurance, but will look to the Responsible Party for any balance remaining.
Fees & Payments
We understand that changing conditions in the economy and health insurance industry have made the cost of healthcare difficult for some families. Our fee schedule has been developed to be consistent with usual and customary charges in the community. Payment is expected for all office visits provided by our staff, including charges for immunization, in-house lab work and medical supplies. In an effort to provide the most comprehensive care available to our patients, we make a number of services available to our patients at no cost, including our Nurse Advice Service, After Hour Service, and completion of most medical forms.
- Please be aware that if any outside lab or x-ray services are required, you will receive a separate bill for those services from the lab or x-ray provider
- In addition to cash and check payments, we also accept VISA, MasterCard and Discover
Horizon Primary Care accepts most commercial insurances as well as TriCare and Medicaid. We do not accept insurance discount plans, Denver Health and Kaiser Insurances. If you have any questions about which insurance plans we accept, please ask one of our administrative or business office staff. Please not the following insurance guidelines.
- Please use your child’s legal name for all insurance and medical records and designate Horizon Primary Care as your PCP if your insurance requires a PCP.
- In order to bill your insurance company for services provided, it is critical that we have current insurance information in our records. We ask for your current insurance card at each visit to ensure that our information is correct.
- If you have a deductible or health savings account plan, there may be a patient balance after the insurance company paid their portion of the bill. We will bill you for this balance due and request payment be made within 30 days.
- It is the Responsible Party’s responsibility to be aware of the patient’s insurance benefits. Not all services provided by our office are covered by all plans. Some insurance plans do not cover will-child visits or have limits on how often these well-child benefits can be used. If your plan does not cover well-child visits, immunization, or has other specific exclusions, we may ask you for a deposit for these types of services. In all cases, the Responsible Party will be charged for any service not covered by the patient’s insurance plan. Please feel welcome to ask us if you have any questions about your insurance plan-we may be able to help.
- If your insurance does not cover immunizations, our staff can provide you with the names of community resources that can provide vaccines to you at a low cost. Please inform your medical provider if you are planning to receive immunizations elsewhere (and bring a record of these vaccinations to your child’s next visit so that medical records may be updated.
- If you have two insurances we will bill the primary insurance and the secondary insurance. We request that you provide all necessary insurance information to our offices and promptly respond to insurance company requests to assist us in this coordination of benefits process.
- Your insurance company may request additional information from you before they process claims. Please respond promptly to any requests from your insurance company. Failure to respond to insurance company requests may result in unpaid or denied claims in which case the patient becomes fully responsible for these charges.
Please make sure that you add your newborn to your insurance policy within 30 days of birth to ensure coverage. Our coordinators will contact you during this first 30 days to confirm insurance coverage for your newborn and to answer any questions you may have about our office or financial policies.
Medicaid & CHP+ Insurance
- Horizon Primary Care participates in the Medicaid and CHP+ programs.
- We verify eligibility at the time the appointment is made, and on the day of the appointment.
Many insurance plans require that the patient share in the cost of the visit by paying a copayment. Copayments are due at the time of the visit.
The adult that is accompanying a minor patient is responsible for paying the copayment at the time of the visit, regardless of whether this adult is the patient’s Responsible Party.
Patients With no Insurance/Self-Pay
Self pay payments is due at the time of service.
We have a $20 returned check charge for any checks returned to us by your financial institution as non-paid. In addition, a $20 billing charge will also be added to your account for any statements sent as a result of a returned check.
Past Due Balances
If you have a balance on your account you will be reminded of this when calling to make an appointment and will be asked to bring this payment with you to your next appointment.
Past due accounts greater than 60 days are subject to third party action and potential discharge from the practice. Accounts sent for collection action will be assessed a $30 collection charge.
If you need special payment arrangements, please contact our business office to speak to one of our patient financial representatives. We are able to provide short-term payment plans for emergency situations.
Our collection policies are fair but firm. We will never deny access to necessary medical services for our patients due to non-payment issues; however, patients may be discharged from the practice due to no-payment for medical services received. If a patient is discharged from the practice for financial reasons (including bankruptcy), we will give 30 day’s notice and provide emergency care during the notification process. These accounts may be turned over to an outside collection agency.
Please feel welcome to contact our Patient Business Office at 720-929-8300 with any questions you may have about our financial policies or your account